Before deciding to purchase any software, there are two rules:
- Do thorough research on a tool to learn the differences between plans (if yes).
- Don’t go with a solution that offers (so many) features you never use. Otherwise, you end up paying for nothing.
That’s what you should keep in mind when reading Kustomer’s pricing page.
Don’t worry! Today, I’ll give you a detailed overview of Kustomer pricing. By the end of this post, you’ll know if you can afford it or should switch to another solution.
Ready? Let’s dive in.
Kustomer platform overview
Founded in 2015 in New York (United States), Kustomer is now a well-known CRM platform, used by large brands like Rent the Runway, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. It unifies data from all channels to provide a holistic view of your customer journey and aims to give you a true omnichannel solution.
Compared to Zendesk and Salesforce, Kustomer has significant differences, as shown below:
- Kustomer is more service-oriented and less sales-oriented, reflected by its focus on customer communications and customer experience.
- Kustomer takes into account all communication channels like Facebook messaging, SMS, social media, website chat, email, and phone calls. It incorporates everything into one view—all customer interactions in one place, regardless of the channel.
Based on these insights, Kustomer is definitely not the right choice if you’re on a tight budget or looking for simple help desk software. But it’s worth considering if you need a better alternative to Zendesk, Salesforce, or Intercom.
Now that you’ve known about Kustomer. Let’s take a look at its pricing.
Recommended reading: Kustomer Features Review 2020 (+ A Better Alternative)
Kustomer pricing plans
For small businesses and SaaS startups, Kustomer is very expensive. It currently offers two plans, i.e., Enterprise and Ultimate, as shown in the screenshot below.
Keep in mind that these pricing plans include one-year contracts, annual payments, and an 8 seat minimum.
Price: $89 per user per month.
What you get:
- Unlimited omnichannel customer conversations
- Custom objects that relate data to customer conversations
- Advanced object properties
- Automatic language detection
- Business rules
- Workflow templates, time-based and schedule workflows, multi-step workflows
- Custom saved responses, including text, customer data, or links
- Real-time collaboration with team members
- Customer segments based on properties, channels, or object values
- Omnichannel routing and enterprise routing
- Work engine, web hook, form hooks, and email hooks
- Personal workspace settings
- SLA management
- Omnichannel conversations, including email, chat, Facebook, Twitter, voice, text
- Standard and custom reporting with advanced metrics
- Kustomer IQ Lite
- Knowledge base
- High-end security, including HIPAA compliance
- Email and chat support from Kustomer support team
Things to note:
- API rate limit: 1,000 RPM
- Permission sets: 2
- Custom workflows: 100
- Collaboration users: 1 paid per seat
- Enterprise routing: 3 queues per team
- Chat multilingual: 3 languages
- Twitter DM and public mentions: 3 handles
- Data retention for reporting: 25 months
- Multilingual for knowledge base: 3 languages
- Multi-brand for knowledge base: 3 brands
Price: $139 per month per user
What you get:
- All features in the Ultimate plane
- 2-hour service level objective
- SAML single sign-on
- Live agent auditing
- Real-time dashboards
Things to note:
- API rate limit: 2,000 RPM
- Permission sets: 10
- Custom workflows: 150
- Collaboration users: Unlimited
- Enterprise routing: 10 queues per team
- Chat multilingual: Unlimited languages
- Twitter DM and public mentions: 7 handles
- Data retention for reporting: 37 months
- Multilingual for knowledge base: Unlimited languages
- Multi-brand for knowledge base: 10 brands
Kustomer IQ aims to help you reduce repetitive tasks and work faster by automating rules, routing conversations, and sending auto-responses. Currently, Kustomer IQ comes with three plans: Lite, Standard, and Plus.
The Lite plan is available for both Enterprise and Ultimate packages. But it only includes 50 basic deflections/user/month across chat, email and form, global language detection, and sentiment analysis.
If you want to increase deflections and access advanced features, you can upgrade Lite to Standard or Plus.
With the Standard plan, you get:
- Everything in Lite
- 100 basic deflections
- 1 prediction for intent identification
With the Plus plan, you get:
- Everything in Lite and Standard
- AI chatbots for messaging
- Custom object deflection
- 250 deflections/user/month
- 3 prediction for intent identification
Kustomer offers several third-party apps and integrations grouped into 6 categories:
- AI and chatbots, e.g., Ada
- Business intelligence and analytics, e.g., Segment
- Channels, e.g., Gmail, Twitter, Facebook
- Ecommerce, e.g., Shopify, Magento, ReCharge
- Productivity, e.g., Slack, Jira
- Surveys and feedback, e.g., SurveyMonkey
But remember that Kustomer will charge you additional fees for these features:
- Third-party integrations
- Proprietary integrations
- Voice integration (Basic, advanced, and native)
- Custom configuration
- HIPAA configuration
Kustomer provides you with a vast number of features and functionalities. But the truth is, as an ecommerce merchant, you don’t need all of them. You just need a dedicated ticketing system that helps your support team handle tickets quickly and work effectively.
Don't waste your budgets on expensive software and unused features when you have a better Kustomer alternative.
Meet Gorgias: A dedicated help desk solution for online business
Kustomer is actually one of the most expensive CRM out there for small and medium businesses.
That doesn’t count the fact that it’s not a ticket management solution.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly help desk tool, I’d encourage you to try Gorgias.
Here are what make Gorgias better than Kustomer:
- Quick setup: Type some basic information, and you’ll be directed immediately to your Gorgias account. You’ll have a 7-day free trial to explore our system. No demo, no wait, no credit card required.
- Ease of use: Gorgias aims to simplify your customer support workflow. You’ll never lose an email or misplace contact information. Easy for both end-users and help desk agents.
- Feature-rich ticket management: Search, assign, reply, and resolve tickets. Add tags to manage your support requests with ease. Easy to create Shopify FAQs page templates.
- Multi-channel support: Phone, SMS, live chat, email, social media (Facebook Messenger, Instagram, etc.).
- Powerful automation: Play with macros, automation rules, customer sentiments, tags. You don’t need to waste a lot of time doing repetitive tasks anymore.
- Affordable pricing plans: Our plans are consistent with the size of your store, starting at only $10/month.
- Mobile apps: Besides a web app, Gorgias is available on Google Play and Apple App Store. Your support team can answer tickets on the go.
- Ecommerce-focused integrations: Shopify, Magento, Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, Yotpo, Smile.io, to name a few. No nonsense integrations (Jira for your online store, seriously???)
Ready to switch? Join our buyout program to get full access to Gorgias at no cost and prepare for your most profitable BFCM ever.
Whatever you decide, we wish you and your business the best!