The best help desk for Ecommerce
Gorgias is customer service software exclusively for ecommerce brands; so other industries should not use it.
The product is built around Shopify and the needs of ecommerce merchants. Every feature on our product roadmap helps online stores answer customer queries quickly, build better relationships with customers, and drive more sales.
Freshdesk’s basic ticket management features are solid, but the depth of functionality for ecommerce stores is lacking compared to Gorgias. This is because Freshdesk prioritizes other industries, like SaaS.
For example, Freshdesk lets you cancel and refund orders, but you can’t create orders, generated discount codes, or link to your Shopify products from within Freshdesk.
No more switching tabs — find all the customer information you need in one window. Offer personalized support much faster thanks to:
- Customer info centralized from all your ecommerce apps to give personalized answers, fast
- Templates that auto-fill customer information and automatically update their orders
- Automatic ticket tagging, assigning, and prioritizing (so you can focus on delighting customers)
Merchants who take full advantage of Gorgias’ Automation Add-on and ticket routing deflect up 30% of tickets, saving time for sensitive, complex, and high-impact questions, thanks to:
- Automated FAQs and workflows
- Self-service order tracking in your chat widget
- Customizable autoresponders (that can also trigger order actions through the Shopify integrations
Plus, you avoid subjecting customers to frustrating AI chatbots that can barely imitate humans.
Gorgias can automatically identify, tag, and assign tickets based on a number of factors:
- Past orders: Prioritize customers who you know are big spenders at your store
- Channel: Respond to shoppers actively awaiting a response on live chat or SMS
- Pre-sales questions: Flag tickets from customers considering a purchase
- Escalations: Help angry customers they post negative reviews or social media posts
Chat campaigns help you reach out to customers based on their browsing behavior:
- Ask if they need help
- Highlight new product or promotions
- Provide the information and incentives they need to click “Place order”
This is also a good way to automatically engage VIP customers and encourage repeat purchases.
Get detailed analytics about the revenue your team earns for your Shopify store and the types of support (and automated interactions) that lead to sales.
These insights help support teams make a strong impact on the company’s bottom line and prove your ROI to company leaders.
Customer support teams using Gorgias generated over $1 billion in 2021.
What you’ll lose with Freshdesk’s free tier
Freshdesk’s free tier is no doubt an appealing choice for smaller merchants evaluating helpdesks. However, there are drawbacks to the free model.
For example, while you can manage conversations on email and social media (except for Instagram without a third-part app), you can’t pull tickets from Instagram or WhatsApp, and you’ll have limited automations.
For just $10/month with Gorgias, your team gets access to omnichannel support and automations to speed up your support.
You can connect all your channels, process order updates, auto-tag tickets, pull powerful reports, connect all the apps in your tech stack, and so much more.