Like Shopify and BigCommerce, Magento has many live chat apps to help you provide better customer service and improve your agents’ performance. By adding live chat to your Magento store, you can automate repetitive tasks and focus more on growing your business.
In case you don’t know:
- 79% of customers prefer live chat for customer support because it offers instant responses
- Live chat has the highest consumer satisfaction rate at 92%
- 41% of customers prefer live chat support to other channels
- 63% of customers who used live chat on a website are likely to return to that site
Okay, enough for statistics about live chat.
Just like wedid for the best Magento extensions, let’s find out the best Magento live chat extensions and how you can choose the right one.
Top 9 live chat apps for Magento
Here are the top 9 live apps for Magento online stores. If you are looking for live chat apps for Shopify or BigCommerce stores, read the following rankings:
1. Gorgias Chat
For example, you can create a chat campaign on product pages to answer visitors’ questions about product specifications and features (“Do you have this color?” or “Do you ship to this address?”).
Chat campaigns are useful, especially on the checkout page, where visitors may have issues with payment methods and security. Make use of it, and you’ll see a significant increase in customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Have tight integration with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento
- Customize the live chat widget with chat title, introduction text, avatar, color
- Support chat campaigns that allow you to show a live chat widget on a specific page
- Use chat quick replies to answer repetitive questions
- Support advanced chat customization like branding, changing chat widget position, hiding chat on mobile, and more
2. Zendesk Chat
Zendesk isn’t just live chat support software, but a customer relationship management (CRM) platform. It has a live chat feature, automated responses, rich message types, and business rules. But keep in mind that Zendesk Chat isn’t suitable for online store owners since it’s tailored to large organizations and enterprises like Foodpanda.
Pricing: Start from $14 per agent per month for annual subscriptions
- Share images and other files with visitors directly in chat
- Support field common questions using AI-powered chatbots
- Track conversions to see how live chat impacts your business
- Offer auto-responses to capture leads
3. Live Chat by Webkul
Live chat by Webkul is another live chat app for Magento 2. Using this tool, you can create different chat agents for better management of customer requests. Whenever a customer asks a question in chat, the question will be automatically assigned to an available chat agent. Note that you’ll need to have Node.js already installed on your service to use Webkul live chat for your Magento store.
Pricing: Start from $65
- Visitors can log in or register from the chat window
- Create many chat agents for managing request queries
- Visitors and agents can view their chat history conversation
- View and reply to multiple customer queries at once
- Upload an image for the chat profile picture
- Customize chat window background using colors or an image
- Supports many language translations
- Set chat status as online, busy, or offline
4. Live Chat by Landofcoder
Live chat by Lanofcoder is a perfect alternative to live chat by Webkul. These tools offer almost the same functionalities, for example, a login and registration box and chatbox customization options.
Live chat by Landofcoder currently offers the free plan, but this plan doesn’t come with support from the developer team. That means if you have any problem when using live chat, you have to figure it out yourself.
Pricing: Free or upgrade to the premium plan with $55
- Directly online chatting
- Convenient login and signup
- Clean and clear Interface
- Reminding chat notification
- Auto record customer information
Tawk.to is a dedicated live chat solution ideal for small and medium businesses. It offers a lot of useful features to help you improve customer experience, delight your website visitors, and boost your support agents’ performance.
Pricing: Free. You can hire Tawk.to’s live chat agents for $1 per hour
- Chat with visitors in real-time
- Support canned responses and knowledge base
- Support message translation into 45+ languages
- Provide mobile app for iOS and Android to chat with customers on the go
Olark offers a highly customizable live chat app for your Magento 2 website. It has a useful-friendly interface and a wide range of live chat features. One of Olark’s top capabilities is searchable transcripts, which allows you to filter, sort, and find conversations in seconds.
Pricing: Start from $19 per agent per month, billed annually
- Customize your chatbox the way you want with color, avatar, and language
- Use automated messages to respond to visitors quickly
- Filter, search, and sort messages with searchable transcripts
- Support custom forms, real-time engagement, and power-ups features
7. Pure Live Chat by Belvg
Pure live chat by Belvg is a simple live chat widget for Magento 2. Its chatbox interface looks quite the same as live chat supported by Webkul and Landofcoder. Because of limited features, this live chat tool isn’t suitable for growing businesses.
Pricing: Free for Magento Community edition or $110 for Magento Enterprise
- Support customizable chat window
- Get additional information about visitors like name, email, location
- Chat with multiple people or invite other agents to a chat
- Store conversation stats and transcripts in the chat history
- Simple to use and install, no programming skill required.
8. Live Chat by Smartsupp
Used by over 60,000 users, Smartsupp live chat plugin for Magento is worth trying. It has a free plan with 14-day chat conversation history, three bots, and unlimited websites. However, if you want to view reports and statistics, you have to upgrade to a premium plan.
Pricing: Free. Paid plans start from $10 per 3 agents per month
- Free live chat
- Unlimited number of agents and chats
- Unlimited number of websites
- Chat from smartphones or tablets
- Custom chatbox design
- Multiple website support
- Google Analytics connection
- CRM & helpdesk integration
- Statistics and dashboard
How to choose the right live chat app for your Magento store
As you can see, there are many live chat apps for Magento 2. Which one to choose actually depends on your needs, budget, and business sizes.
And if you're still on the fence, check out this article on live chat statistics to understand the full impact this channel can have on your business.
However, when finding the right live chat app for an ecommerce store, one thing you should remember is that live chat is just an online communication channel. Your customers are now everywhere, from SMS messaging and phone to email and social media platforms. If you focus too much on live chat, you might miss a lot of support requests on other channels.
Hence, you should choose an omnichannel help desk with a built-in live chat feature like Gorgias. With this powerful customer support platform, you can centralize all customer requests into a single dashboard and start supporting customers across channels. It also has tight integration with Magento 2, making sure your support workflow is seamless.
Ready to try Gorgias? Sign up for an account today, and start exploring all the amazing features it brings to your business.